***No ice-cream maker necessary***
My semester is simply a few days away from coming to an end, and I like to celebrate the little things in life, and celebration is another excuse to indulge in something sweet. So to celebrate the beginning of hot, sticky days I’m thinking of a cold, summer treat? Perhaps ice cream?
Mango ice cream is one of my favorite ice cream flavors (along with chocolate, chocolate chip cookie dough, cappuccino chunky chocolate, and cookies ‘n cream. I may or may not really like chocolate).
Don’t let the words “homemade ice cream” intimidate you- I promise you do not need to purchase an expensive ice cream machine, or hand crank your ice cream for hours in a prehistoric-style ice cream churner. This recipe is painless and inexpensive! And ridiculously easy- it literally takes tres steps and tres ingredients to make this!
So are you ready?
1, 2, 3…go!
Homemade “1-2-3” Mango Ice Cream (thank you Mother dearest for the recipe)
- 1 (30 oz) can of kesar mango pulp
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk*
- 1 (8 oz) tub of whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- Mix together mango pulp, sweetened condensed milk, and whipped topping until fully combined. Place in some sort of (big) plastic container/Tupperware with a lid.
- Freeze for at least 6-8 hours (preferably overnight).
- Eat it.
*Note: You can cut down on the sweetness (and calories) by using only half the can of sweetened condensed milk and still get a really yummy ice cream!
Didn’t I say three steps? When have I ever steered you wrong? 😉
(wait don’t answer that)