(This was originally posted on my old blog: Diary of an Aspiring Foodie.)
A fellow blogger-friend Iona from Little Cut-Outs, nominated me for the Liebster Award! Basically, it’s a way for bloggers and blog readers to get to know the blogger behind the blog! (Did that make sense?) The way it works is that someone tags you with some questions for you to answer, and then you answer them on your blog, then tag other bloggers with questions of your own!
These are Iona’s questions for me:
I’m not a big candy person, I’m more of a chocolate fiend. BUT if I had to pick a candy I would definitely pick Sour Patch Kids!
Spain! I’ve been intrigued by Spain ever since I learned about Al-Andalus in 8th grade. Its rich and exotic history is something I find interesting. Also, um, don’t they have churros or something?
Haha yes. The last person I talked to was my sister. She was mad at me because I beat her playing this quiz game. Hah.
Don’t sweat the small stuff. Keep things in perspective, and be grateful for all the little (and big) things in life.
How can I only pick one? I was blessed with a happy & carefree childhood! I think one of my favorite childhood memories was playing for hours in our old backyard (which was huge!) in the hot summer sun, playing on the old swingset and trying to dig a pond by it (which always dried up lol)
Hmm, I always find myself misspelling the words “weird” and “beautiful”.
My parents. I admire how patient and wise my dad is, and how hardworking and selfless my mom is. I can only hope to be a fraction of how amazing they are.
Both! I’m obsessed with green tea and I try to drink it often for its health benefits. I don’t drink coffee as much because I don’t want to become a caffeine-addict, but I love a good hazelnut latte!
Sleep! Or reading a good book. Or eating something yummy while reading a good book. =)
11. What do you hope to see in the future for your blog?
Oh man, a lot of things. I want to see that I’ve grown as a person and improved in all aspects of blogging from my writing, photography, recipes, cooking, and reaching out to my audience. It would be nice to have a loyal (even if it’s a small) following for my blog! It would be cool if I became super-famous or something, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves…(hey a girl can dream, right?)
I tag the following people:
Umm Rayyan @ This Muslimah Cooks
Erika @ One Fool Pie
Ayesha @ The Quarter Chef
Sadaf @ Chef in Frame
Nadia @ a Pinch of Nadia
Rehana @ Rehana Du Jour
These are my questions for the above-mentioned bloggers!
1) What’s your favorite food?
2) What’s your favorite thing to cook/bake?
3) What’s your favorite book?
4) Pet peeve?
5) Something that made you laugh:
6) If you were on a deserted island what three things would you want with you?
7) If you found yourself with a million dollars, how would you spend it?
8) What is the hardest part about blogging for you?
9) Why did you start blogging?
10) Do you like predictability or spontaneity?
11) What would you tell your 18 year old self?
I can’t wait to read everyone else’s responses and don’t forget to tag other bloggers and ask them your own questions! 🙂
Here are the formal rules:
- You must answer all 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- You must link back to the person that nominated you.
- After completing these questions you must nominate 5-11 bloggers (with under 1000 followers) and give them 11 questions of your choice.
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.