Fall is here! ‘Tis the season of sweaters, hot chocolate, and baked goods! More specifically- crumbles and crisps.
So I present to you a Strawberry-Peach Crisp! I’m a huuuge fan of crisps, cobblers, and crumbles! When I was little I would usually bring lunch from home, but if they were ever serving peach cobbler in the school cafeteria I would always, always buy some. Today’s post is not a peach cobbler recipe, because I didn’t have all the necessary (and enough of certain) ingredients. Bu that’s ok. I decided to try out a Strawberry-Peach crisp instead!
I like to eat this warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top, and oh my God. It is very delightful as breakfast on a chilly day. (Yes I said breakfast…but only if it lasts through dessert the nigh before!)
Strawberry-Peach Crisp Recipe (recipe adapted from The Happy Housewife)
|Can you see it bubbling from underneath? Oh boy.|
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 2 Tb sugar
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cold
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Lightly grease a 7×11 pan
- Combine the strawberries, peaches, sugar, and lemon juice. Pour into baking dish.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter with your (clean) hands, forming a crumbly dough
- Drop the dough over the strawberry-peach mixture
- Bake for 30 minutes
Cut the cold butter into thin slices to make combining it with the dry ingredients easier.